If you are enrolled in good standing at another college or university you may be admitted for a semester or an academic year at Franklin University Switzerland. You should determine the transferability of Franklin credits to your home institution with your study-abroad office prior to enrolling at Franklin.
We recommend that you submit your study-abroad application by June 15 for the Fall Semester, and by November 15 for the Spring Semester. For potential tuition fee reductions, the priority deadlines are March 15 and November 1, respectively. You may study at Franklin with ‘Study Abroad’ status for a maximum of two semesters.
All study-abroad applicants are required to submit:
- A completed undergraduate application form and a non-refundable application fee of CHF 90 or US $90. To pay by credit card or for more information on ways to pay, please see Payment Options.
- An essay and personal statement.
- Official transcripts of work done in other institutions previously attended. A separate transcript must be sent directly by each institution, regardless of whether transfer credit is requested. Certified translations must be included for transcripts not written in English, Italian, French, German, or Spanish.
- One letter of recommendation from a professor, foreign study advisor or Dean, or two letters from employers if you have not attended school for more than one semester prior to the time of application.
- Dean’s Report from the Chief Student Affairs officer of the your home institution.
- Non-U.S. applicants for whom English is not a first language are required to submit their scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or another internationally recognized test of English language proficiency, e.g. the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Duolingo English Test (DET). We require a score of 90 on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), a score of 5.5 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or a score of 110 on the DET (Duolingo English Test).
If you are admitted to Franklin University Switzerland as a Study Abroad student, an enrollment confirmation deposit of CHF500 or US500 is required by May 1 for the Fall Semester and December 1 for the Spring Semester. To pay by credit card or for more information on ways to pay, please see Payment Options.